1 September 2016 - 19 January 2018
I worked as part of the SMARTmove project, which aims to produce a system for rehabilitating the upper limbs of patients with stroke using functional electrical stimulation.
My key responsibilities included:
- implementing and maintaining iterative learning control algorithms in C++ on real-time Linux platforms;
- writing C#/XAML code to produce an attractive GUI;
- designing processes and algorithms to evaluate patient performance using data from a Microsoft Kinect sensor;
- devising and writing unit tests in C++ using the Catch unit test framework;
- managing continuous integration services to monitor the quality of the controller and GUI code bases;
- conducting end-to-end tests of the system to evaluate whole-system performance;
- maintaining the SMARTmove project website;
- attending quarterly meetings with advisory board members to discuss progress and outline future plans.