1 October 2007 - 1 June 2012
Chemical engineering is primarily about manufacturing chemicals on an industrial scale in a safe and economical manner. This degree therefore contained the fundamentals of process design, such as:
- mass, heat and momentum transport,
- reactor design,
- binary distillation,
- heat exchangers and heat integration,
- other unit operations such as liquid-liquid extraction, membrane filtration and crystallisation.
As well as this, there were also topics of a professional and economic nature, such as:
- calculation of plant and process capital and operating costs,
- energy reuse and recycling,
- project management and marketing,
- renewable energy sources and life-cycle analysis.
In my third year I undertook a ... Read more